Leading girls and boys AFL football programmes
Pembroke School is a co-educational, non-denominational, day and boarding school from Early Learning to Year 12. The School is renowned for academic excellence and offers a broad and inclusive educational programme and a diverse range of co-curricular programmes. Pembroke staff and students are encouraged to delight in learning, work and the exploration of their own potential.
Pembroke is seeking a highly motivated and experienced applicant to undertake the contract position of Head of Football for the 2021 season. The successful candidate will lead the girls and boys AFL football programmes in a manner that encourages students to improve their skills, fosters behaviours of exemplary sportspersons and develops a lifelong appreciation for AFL. They will:
- In conjunction with the Heads of Sport, develop and implement a contemporary AFL coaching philosophy and plan.
- Mentor and train coaches to facilitate and support their development.
- Upon request, coach teams to demonstrate effective coaching strategies and techniques.
- Attend girls and boys matches to offer advice to coaches and players.
- Ensure students receive timely and meaningful feedback.
- Maintain effective communication with the Pembroke Football Club parent support group.
We are looking for a candidate with:
- Previous AFL coaching experience in a similar role.
- Experience in managing performance and development programmes.
- The ability to positively engage with, relate to and motivate young people.
- Current Working with Children Check and Reporting Abuse and Neglect Training Certificate.
- Current first aid certifications HLTAID001, HLTAID002 and HLTAID003.
- A recognised qualification in sports coaching, physical education or related field is not essential but will be well regarded.
Pembroke provides staff and contractors with a supportive and dynamic working environment, and the capacity to make a valuable and meaningful contribution to the operation of the School.
If this sounds like your ideal role then we want to hear from you!
Applications should be addressed to Ms Tracy Hillier, Human Resources Manager – Non Teaching Staff. Applications for this position close 9.00 am Monday 7 December 2020.
To apply, please complete the Non-teaching Staff Employment Application Form.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Enquiries may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone Ms Tracy Hillier on 8366 6785.