Fixed Term Contract, Full Time Position (negotiable)
Pembroke School is a co-educational, non-denominational, day and boarding school from Early Learning Centre to Year 12. The School is renowned for academic excellence, offering a broad and inclusive educational programme and a diverse range of co-curricular programmes. Pembroke staff and students are encouraged to delight in learning, work and the exploration of their own potential.
Pembroke is seeking a highly motivated and experienced applicant to undertake the position of Head of Rowing. This is a three year fixed term, full time position available to either a Teacher or non teaching professional. The successful candidate will lead the rowing program in a manner that encourages student participation, assists students and coaches to improve their respective skills and fosters development of exemplary sportspersons. They will:
- In conjunction with the Heads of Sport, develop and implement a contemporary coaching philosophy and plan
- Mentor and train coaches to facilitate and support their development
- Ensure students receive timely and meaningful feedback
- Coordinate the logistics of all training sessions, regattas and camps
- Oversee and facilitate the ongoing care and maintenance of all boats and equipment
- Maintain effective communication with the Pembroke Rowing Parents’ Association
- Assist with the delivery of other sports programs in Terms 2 and 3.
We are seeking a candidate with:
- Demonstrated experience leading a successful sporting programme
- An active interest in and previous involvement with the sport of Rowing, including coaching experience.
- A recognised qualification in sports coaching, physical education or related field is not essential but will be well regarded.
- The ability to positively engage with, relate to and motivate young people
- Current Working with Children Check and Reporting Abuse and Neglect Training Certificate and current first aid certifications HLTAID001, HLTAID002 and HLTAID003 (or willingness to obtain).
Pembroke provides staff with a supportive and dynamic working environment, and the capacity to make a valuable and meaningful contribution to the operation of the School.
If this sounds like your ideal role then we want to hear from you!
Applications should be addressed to Ms Tracy Hillier, Human Resources Manager – Non Teaching Staff. Applications for this position close 9.00 am Monday 10 May 2021.
To apply, please complete the Non-teaching Staff Employment Application Form.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Enquiries may be emailed to email@example.com or telephone Ms Tracy Hillier on 8366 6785.