Casual employment – morning, afternoon and weekend shifts available
Inclusive and dynamic rowing program
Join a collaborative, friendly and supportive team
Pembroke School is a co-educational, non-denominational, day and boarding school from Early Learning to Year 12. Pembroke staff and students are encouraged to delight in learning, work and the exploration of their own potential.
The Rowing Program
Renowned for academic excellence and a broad, inclusive program, Pembroke offers a wide range of co-curricular sports, including Rowing for students in Years 7 to 12.
The Pembroke Rowing programme is led by Mrs Sally Martin. Mrs Martin is an experienced and decorated rower and coach and a trusted teacher. She brings a wealth of experience and expertise to the program and delights in working with, supporting and developing coaches.
Pembroke is seeking enthusiastic and suitably experienced individuals to work as Rowing Coaches. Training and regattas are held before school, after school and on Saturdays. The School will work with successful applicants to determine a suitable roster.
At Pembroke, Rowing Coaches are athlete-centred and relational and use contemporary coaching methodology to motivate and engage young students to develop skills and a love of their sport and team activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
As a Rowing Coach, you will:
- Plan, organise and deliver on water training sessions for individuals and crews.
- Set up and run gym and ergo sessions.
- Undertake administrative tasks to support the organisation of crews/fixtures.
- Provide regular feedback to the Head of Rowing regarding performance and skill development.
- Apply and respond to first aid situations when required.
We are looking for:
- Coaches with experience at school or club level.
- Basic rigging skills.
- A passion for rowing.
- A reliable and proactive person who welcomes and encourages collaboration with others.
- A commitment to developing as a coach.
- Current Working with Children Check.
- Current Reporting Risks of Harm, Abuse and Neglect Training certification.
- Current First Aid qualification or willingness to obtain.
- AIS Essential Skills Course will be advantageous.
If this sounds like your ideal role then we want to hear from you!
Applications should be addressed to Mr Mark Staker, Principal, and should include your resume and a one page cover letter.
To apply, please complete the Professional Services Staff Employment Application Form.
Enquiries may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone the Sports Office on 8366 7077.