Permanent, part time position
Full Time during term time
Pembroke School is a co-educational, non-denominational, day and boarding school from Early Learning to Year 12. Renowned for academic excellence and a broad, inclusive program, Pembroke offers the South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE) and is also an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School. Pembroke staff and students are encouraged to delight in learning, work and the exploration of their own potential.
The School is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic applicant to undertake the role of Senior School Library Assistant to support the operations of the Resource Centre. This is a permanent, part time position working full time during term time. As the successful applicant, you will bring a collaborative, proactive and enthusiastic approach to delivery of traditional and digital library services and a positive and welcoming manner when engaging with students and staff.
The Senior School Library Assistant is responsible for:
- Operating the circulation desk
- Assisting Years 11 and 12 students and staff with enquiries, use of the catalogue and library hardware and software
- Sourcing, developing, processing and maintaining library resources, including books, periodicals, digital resources and electronic equipment
- Supervising students undertaking private study
- Participating in the forward planning and continuous improvement of Resource Centre services and operations
- Troubleshooting basic IT issues for staff and students
- Setting up basic sound, vision and recording equipment for activities in the Resource Centre.
The requirements are:
- Experience in a similar role in an academic library
- Experience providing a high level of proactive service to library users
- Experience using and supporting digital resources and electronic equipment
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively develop and maintain relationships with a range of stakeholders
- A collaborative, innovative and proactive approach.
Pembroke School provides staff with a supportive and dynamic working environment, opportunities for professional development and the capacity to make a valuable and meaningful contribution to the operation of the School.
Applications should be addressed to Ms Tracy Hillier, Human Resources Manager – Non Teaching Staff. Applications for this position close 9.00 am Monday, 6 December 2021.
To apply, please complete the Non-teaching Staff Employment Application Form.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Enquiries may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone Ms Tracy Hillier on 8366 6785.