Casual employment – morning, afternoon and weekend shifts available
Diverse range of sports offered to girls and boys
Collaborative and dynamic team
Pembroke is seeking enthusiastic and suitably experienced individuals to work as casual Sports Coaches in our Junior School (ELC – Year 6) and Middle and Senior Schools (Years 7 – 10). Practices and matches are held before school, after school and on Saturday mornings. The School will work with successful applicants to determine a suitable roster.
Junior School summer sports offered include cricket, swimming, tennis, volleyball and T-ball.
Middle and Senior School summer sports offered include cricket, swimming, tennis, athletics, basketball, badminton, volleyball and water polo.
At Pembroke, Sports Coaches are athlete-centred and relational and use contemporary coaching methodology to motivate and engage young students to develop skills and a love of sport and team activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As a Sports Coach, you will:
- Plan, organise and deliver an appropriate range of sports activities and programmes for individuals and teams.
- Encourage and inspire students to participate and enjoy sports.
- Undertake administrative tasks to support the organisation of teams/fixtures.
- Provide regular feedback to Coordinators regarding performance of teams and students.
- Apply and respond to first aid situations when required.
We are looking for:
- Experience playing and/or coaching sport at club level.
- A passion for sport and coaching and the ability to convey the value of community sport to others.
- A reliable and proactive person who welcomes and encourages collaboration with others.
- Current Working with Children Check.
- Current Reporting Risks of Harm, Abuse and Neglect Training certification.
- Current First Aid qualification or willingness to obtain.
- AIS Essential Skills Course will be advantageous.
Pembroke School is a co-educational, non-denominational, day and boarding school from Early Learning to Year 12. Renowned for academic excellence and a broad, inclusive program, Pembroke offers the South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE) and is also an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School, offering the Primary Years Programme (PYP). Pembroke staff and students are encouraged to delight in learning, work and the exploration of their own potential.
If this sounds like your ideal role then we want to hear from you!
Enquiries may be emailed to email@example.com.
To apply, please email your resume and a one page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should be addressed to Mr Mark Staker, Principal and should specify interest in coaching in the Junior and/or Middle and Senior Schools.