19 September 2022
Full-time Permanent Leadership Position
Commencing Semester 1 2023
Pembroke School is a vibrant, co-educational, non-denominational, day and boarding school offering education from ELC to Year 12. Pembroke’s unique culture is one based on the values of respect, care and inclusivity where all students can find their place.
After 18 years of outstanding service, former Head of Junior School, Mr Carl Salt, has been appointed Dean of Pembroke Academy and the School is seeking a dynamic and relational Head of Junior School. This critically important role, part of Pembroke’s Senior Management Team, requires an experienced educational leader with vision to oversee the smooth operation of the Junior School (ELC-Year 6), including student welfare and management, curriculum, staff management and community relations. Demonstrable passion and expertise for the International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Programme (PYP) is imperative.
Commencing in Semester 1, 2023, the Head of the Junior School supports the development of all students throughout their early years of schooling at Pembroke. The Head of Junior School will support the Principal in leading, developing and driving the execution of initiatives aligned to achieving the values, vision, mission and strategic objectives of the School. The Head of Junior supports the Dean of Studies in ensuring that the school adheres to the IB PYP Standards and Practices. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A strong understanding of contemporary inquiry-based pedagogy and student wellbeing practices.
- A passion for leading, motivating, and empowering Junior School staff in their professional growth.
- A commitment to contributing to the Senior Management Team and strategy of the whole school.
- A shared responsibility for the school’s strategic planning and the continued implementation of the priorities established through the Strategic Plan.
- A commitment to lead excellence in IB PYP Schools.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to engage with a range of stakeholders, including those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- A proven ability to build and mentor highly effective teams that promote staff relationships based on mutual trust and respect.
Hutton Consulting Australia has been engaged to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion, all enquiries regarding the application process and requests for the full position description, please contact Kirsti Hitz-Morton on 0434 914 188 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for this position close 5.00 pm Friday 30 September 2022.