The Indigenous Youth Leadership Program
Working in partnership with Pembroke School, the IYLP is run by The Smith Family, with funding support through the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet. The Government-funded program aims to close the gaps in Indigenous educational disadvantage by creating greater access to additional education choice for Indigenous students, particularly those from remote and very remote areas of the country.
In addition to helping Indigenous students achieve their educational aspirations, the IYLP supports the development of positive role models and leaders to inspire other Indigenous students.
2020 IYLP Scholarships Closed 31 May 2019
Registration of Interest
- The Smith Family in conjunction with Pembroke School, invites registrations of interest from students interested in IYLP Scholarship and boarding positions in 2021. Registration of interest is open now via communication directly with the IYLP Manager, Leanne Smith, by email email@example.com or telephone +61 8 8224 1402.
- Upon registration of interest with The Smith Family, please contact the Director of Indigenous Education at Pembroke School, Amanda Bourchier, by email IE@pembroke.sa.edu.au or telephone +61 8 8366 6830, for more information.
- Places are open to students entering Years 8-12 in 2021.
- Applications for the 2020 IYLP Scholarships are now closed. Applications for 2021 entry will open in March 2020.
- Shortlisted students will be required to attend a personal interview at Pembroke School with the IYLP Manager and Pembroke School Director of Indigenous Education.
- Information, criteria, application forms and other details are available from The Smith Family via the 2021 IYLP Application Kit in March 2020.
- For more information click here.
If you have any questions, please contact the IYLP Manager, Leanne Smith, by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +61 8 8224 1402.
Application for admission to Pembroke School must be made at the same time as the application for an IYLP Scholarship. The online application form is available here.
For further information please also make contact with Amanda Bourchier, Director of Indigenous Education at Pembroke School on +61 8 8366 6830 or by emailing IE@pembroke.sa.edu.au.