4 January 2022
The International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma results from the November 2021 session were released yesterday and we are very pleased to share our IB students’ brilliant results with you.
36 students undertook the IB Diploma in 2021 and a further 17 SACE students who took one IB subject have now achieved their SACE completion. Congratulations to each and every one of these students. The IB Diploma is a rigorous and demanding programme and successful completion is to be admired. A personal best result – though remarkable for many students – is what we aim to support our students to achieve and they have all shone brightly in this endeavour.
We will further analyse the combined results of our IB and SACE student cohorts and look forward to communicating these to you in February once all results are final (the nature of the IB means that remarking could occur), however from yesterday’s IB results we are delighted to commend the following outstanding achievements to you:
- Jasper Dew and Timothy Naylor each received a perfect IB score of 45 out of a possible 45, translated to an ATAR of 99.95. This is a remarkable achievement for both Jasper and Timothy as fewer than 1% of IB students worldwide achieve 45 points. Jasper and Timothy each received 6 subject merits. Jasper’s broad subject range included Film Higher Level (HL), Mathematics AA HL, English Language and Literature HL, French, Economics and Physics. With a fellow student Jasper ran a computer coding class in the Pembroke Junior School throughout 2021, teaching block coding to younger students with the goal of fostering interest and engagement in technology skills. Timothy’s subject portfolio included Biology HL, Chemistry HL, Mathematics AA HL and English Language and Literature, Spanish B and Economics. Timothy’s passion for helping others shone through in his role as High School Ambassador for IBlieve, in which he assists in organising study sessions for younger IB students, and through his research and action to better support non-native English speakers in the classroom, in order to ensure learning in English is as accessible as possible. Heartiest congratulations to both Jasper and Timothy!
- Erica Choi, Marissa Kha and Jack Zhao each achieved an IB score of 44 out of a possible 45 (ATAR 99.75).
- Rohan Bhattacharjya, Lu Ju, Sophia Panagopoulos, Yidong Tian, Livinia Xia-Bednikov and Kevin Zhou each achieved an IB score of 43 out of a possible 45 (ATAR 99.45).
- Overall, the Diploma students gained 77 subject merits (grade 7). Anticipated (Year 11) students gained 7 merits. Course (SACE) students gained 2 merits.
- Several students received multiple merits – 6 merits: Jasper Dew, Timothy Naylor, Jack Zhao; 5 merits: Erica Choi, Lu Ju, Marissa Kha, Sophia Panagopoulos, Livinia Xia-Bednikov, Kevin Zhou; 4 merits: Rohan Bhattacharjya, Romany Hill-Thomson, Yidong Tian; 3 merits: David Friswell.
- 86% of our IB students received an ATAR ranking in the top 10% nationally, with:
- 13 (36%) students awarded an ATAR over 99 (top 1% nationally)
- 25 (69%) students awarded an ATAR over 95 (top 5% nationally)
- 31 (86%) students awarded an ATAR over 90 (top 10% nationally)
- Our IB median ATAR was 97.1.
These results are outstanding and represent Pembroke’s best performance in the IB for several years. We congratulate all our students who were awarded their IB Diploma and our SACE students who have now, with their IB results, achieved completion. Congratulations also to our teachers whose subject expertise, passion and deep interest in our students’ learning is very much appreciated. Finally, to our IB students’ families and friends who have supported our students in their IB journey – thank you.
Applications for the 2023 Scholarship for the Love of Learning in the IB are open now.
Pembroke School's complete Year 12 results from previous years can be viewed at History of Success.